A 30+ hour event that spans over 40 miles broken into 4 sub components:
- Crucible Road March: 15+ mile (undisclosed distance) movement with pack in the Big Bear National Forest.
- Competitor Field: a 5 sub-event, spectator friendly event based in and around Big Bear, includes obstacle courses, rock climbing, strength events, orienteering, and other fitness tests.
- Night Orienteering: move through the Big Bear National Forest with only a map and a compass.
- The Final Run: a 10+ mile (undisclosed distance) run without pack through the National Forest, with some bonus events along the way.
- Bonus Event: The Battle Drill – at an undisclosed time and location competitors complete a known fitness challenge (details of which are released to competitors prior to the event).