< Back To Category
What is provided?
- All Endeavor Team Challenge courses are unique and thoughtfully designed to highlight and incorporate the beauty and challenges of the existing terrain.
- Times and event scores are recorded and rankings are published.
- Professional rock climbing instructors monitor the safety and belaying of participants.
- Custom built obstacles
- Custom designed teamwork reaction course
- Marked and manned swim crossing points
- Marked orienteering courses
- Marked crucible and final run courses
- Drinking water is provided at checkpoints throughout the event.
- Rock climbing harnesses, helmets, belay devices, and gloves are provided for mountaineering lanes.
- Boats and life vests are provided for the paddling portion of the event.
- Competitors are provided necessary equipment to waterproof their gear, build a poncho raft to swim across an alpine reservoir, or a shelter for sleeping if desired.
- All teams are equipped with a Spot 2 GPS tracking device that will allow friends, family, and race staff to monitor their progress throughout the event.
A comprehensive risk assessment has been conducted on the course to minimize the residual risk without affecting the quality of the event. Some examples of control measures are listed below:
- GPS tracking of all teams
- Water points throughout the event
- Lifeguards and safety kayaks at swim points
- Professional rock climbing instructors monitoring, certifying, and assisting competitors on mountaineering, rock climbing, and rappelling events
- Sweepers on all run or hiking routes
- Well marked land navigation courses with clear boundaries
Fun/ commemorative/ other:
- Winners receive a specially designed award.
- Finishers receive a finisher coin – specially minted for their event.
- Competitors receive a high-quality competitor t-shirt and other gear provided by sponsors.
- Competitors are treated to the post competition BBQ and festivities.
- Competitors become lifetime members of the Endeavor community.