Competitors are required to bring with them the following equipment. It is their responsibility to ensure that it is in good working order prior to arriving at the event. Competitors must carry everything they use during the event and cannot receive any materials from spectators or other teams. Water refills are provided throughout the event.
We recommend that competitors pack as light as possible within these guidelines.
- Back pack – 30-40L recommended (make sure you have extra room for equipment/bricks/rocks we may make you carry)
- Water Containers – total of 3 liters minimum (must be full at start of the event)
- NOTE: Bring at least one water container that you can remove from your pack and run with.*
- Pen or Pencil
- Rain Gear/ Outer shell
- Sleeping Bag or equivalent
- Clothing suited for both warm and cold weather (t-shirt, long pants, long sleeve shirt/cold-weather top)
- Footwear of choice (hiking boots, trekking shoes, etc.)
- Knife or Multi-tool with Knife
- First Aid Supplies (bandages, cream, sunscreen, etc.)
- Eye Protection/ Sunglasses
- Extra Food
- Extra Socks
- Extra Shirts
- Extra cold-Weather Gear
- Sleeping Pad
- Tent (or ability to make shelter)
- Extra Batteries
- Any Device with GPS or Equivalent Functionality
- Cell Phones or equivalent technology. Each team will be provided a device to carry so we can locate you throughout the event.
- Alcohol, Guns, or Illegal Drugs
In order to compete you must agree to allow the Event Staff to inspect your gear at anytime to ensure you have the proper equipment and no prohibited items.
*Competitors will drop their packs for the final run, and are required to bring a water container with them.
**At no time are you allowed to receive food or drink from other competitors (aside from your teammate) or spectators during the competition.